Make with fresh quality meat, cook, and serve immediately for amazing fresh flavor. Why eat sausage made from "mystery parts" or bad meat and fillers, when you can have fresh?
Italian Sausage
• Ground pork: 1 lb.
• Coarse salt: 1/2 tablespoon
• Ground black pepper: 1/4 tablespoon
• Fennel seeds: 1/2 tablespoon
• Chopped parsley: 1/2 tablespoon
• red pepper flakes optional
I take a pound of pork from costco, cube it up. I take half the batch and throw it in my food processor. I hit the pulse button 6 times quickly, and voila! My pork is "ground" enough to make sausage. Repeat with second half of the pork cubes. I learned this technique watching Alton Brown on his Good Eats episode about burgers.
Mix well with the spices. I let the mix sit about an hour in the refridgerator so the meat can pick up some of the spices. Then I cook the sausage batch up immediately and use it for spaghetti, pasta, or as pizza toppings.
(Note: I take HALF the fennel seeds and grind them a little with my mortar-and-pestle so that the fennel seed flavor soaks into the meat better.)
Tastes great!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment